I LOVE PASTA!!
It’s quick and easy and delicious. One Sunday, I wanted to try something besides chicken so I decided to make a pasta with turkey Italian sausage. Once I learned how to make my own Alfredo sauce, I never looked back and I hope you don’t either!
1 package of sweet or spicy turkey Italian sausage (or pork)
1 package of fresh sage (wash and pat dry)
1 package of portobello mushrooms
1 box of bow tie pasta
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 block of Asiago cheese (shredded)
3 gloves of fresh garlic
4 tbsp of butter, unsalted
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
salt, peper, Italian seasoning, basil to season
1. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add the sausage, still in the casing and cook until no longer pink
2. While the sausage is cooking, chop up the fresh sage and mushrooms (I get pre-sliced mushrooms if available) and cook pasta according to packaged directions.
3. Once the sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and place on a cutting board. Cut the sausage into 1″ pieces ( I achieve this by piercing the sausage with a large fork and then cutting between the two slits of the fork). Place the sausage back in the skillet with the mushrooms and the fresh sage and toss around. I add a little pepper and basil to the mixture for taste. Turn heat down to medium low and let it continue to cook.
4. Heat another skillet to medium low and melt butter. Add the sliced garlic cloves and sauté until golden brown. Add the heavy cream and stir until bubbly. Once the cream starts to form small bubbles, add the Asiago cheese and stir until all is creamy. Season sauce with Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and toss the sauce and the sausage mixture together. Add cream if you would like your dish to be more creamy.
*This takes a little longer than 30 minutes. Maybe 45*