As many of my recipes come about, I was searching for something to eat and just combined some stuff that I had handy and it was delightful.
These tacos are sweet and spicy and down right succulent.
4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into 1″ slices
1/2 purple onion, sliced (optional)
1/4 cup of mango chutney ( I get mine from Kroger in the international food aisle)
1/2 tsp of Curry powder
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp of cumin
2 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Turn stove to medium and place skillet on eye to warm.
2) slice chicken into 1″ slices. Season with salt and pepper
3) Cook chicken (and onion if using) in olive oil until no longer pink.
4) Once the chicken is no longer pink, add the mango chutney, cayenne, cumin, and curry. Bring to a slight boil.
5) Once the mixture has started bubbling, continuously stir and then turn the heat down to low.
6) While the chicken is simmering, Heat the oven to 425. Place desired amount of flour tortillas in oven, flat. I bake them for about 2 minutes, but I like my shells a tad crunchy. If you don’t like them very crunchy, only bake for 1 minute. The shells will puff up, but once you take them out of the oven, they will flatten.
7) Place the chicken in the taco shells and dress with your favorite toppings. I use spinach, avocado, and Colby jack cheese.
*If these help you, please donate a little something so I can bring you more and better content. Paypal is firstname.lastname@example.org*